Cakes Not Made of Paper Tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakes Not Made of Paper Tubes?

So, first time I have seen a cake that does not use paper tubes, but was some kind of molded plaster. Had a 36 shot cake from a Hale's brand and a saturn missle (green lantern) made completely from this stuff. I am guessing this is the future to keep fireworks somewhat affordable.

yep, thats the new molded design some factories are using. we got in a bunch of different cast/formed 200 grams from legend this year and they all worked out great

you can spot them easy if you look at the bottom of the cake... they'll have a foil cover on the bottom and it'll feel "hollow"... thats just where the fusing goes from tube to tube.

Comment

I got a TNT cake call purple people eater. Had many over the years - first time ever inthe molded cake style
      Member of Pa Pyro Artists, Cracker Jacks, WNYPA, NLPC, NFA
      PGI certified
      Owner of Kneppys Fireworks. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Comment

I have seen a few molded 200 g cakes, looks like fiberwood or composite decking. They worked fine. If that keeps prices down, or allows them to be made better, so be it. They seem a but heavier, so that may affect some shipping costs.

Comment

I was gonna ask how the weight of these new molded cakes compare to others but BobinNC seem to answer that already. I was curious because i have heard of these new molded cakes making there way here but have not run across any yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BobinNC View Post
            I have seen a few molded 200 g cakes, looks like fiberwood or composite decking. They worked fine. If that keeps prices down, or allows them to be made better, so be it. They seem a but heavier, so that may affect some shipping costs.
            so interesting thing about shipping costs...

weight doesn't factor much at all in the costs of getting things here from china all the way to your friendly neighborhood wholesaler. When stuff is shipping here from china the thing that matters is how much space it takes up on the container (which is why NOABs and zippers cost so much).

the only increased shipping costs i can see here are going to be on small per/pallet order from a wholesaler to a customer and even then the difference in weight is so small it won't matter much.

the cool thing about these new molded cakes is it cuts down a bunch on labor costs, which hopefully translates into less cost for us considering most of us are buying by the case from a wholesaler for personal use.

Comment

Working...
            X