Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

** Guest user access has been limited, register or login for full access **
See more
See less

Best System for Backyard Novice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best System for Backyard Novice

    Any suggestions for the best system for the price without needing anything fancy? I would probably only need to use it a couple of times per year and would only need at most 36 cues either with one or multiple modules. No plans for timing to music

  • #2
    Originally posted by Camby View Post
    .... only need to use it a couple of times per year and would only need at most 36 cues either with one or multiple modules. No plans for timing to music
    I used to say that just a few years ago. Just my Son's house & my friends farm. Now I have an 18R2, 2 - 18M lipo, 1 - 72M lipo with series slats. Audio system and an AudioBox are already grinding on me.

    The best system is what you are willing to pay for. I don't have any hands on with other major systems but I know Cobra holds its value.

    Find a Pyro Club and see whats going on. Help out on some shoots...... I belong to PAT here in Texas. Every person here that has a system on site will gladly show you and talk up what they have (just don't go grabbing or play with it without permission. You will see a very mean person come out). A state/local club or guild would also be able to point you in the direction of shows needing help if you would want to go that route
    Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas
    Texas FPO & SEO license holder
    Firewatch - The best seat in the house

    Comment


    • #3
      There are some really good "small" systems for what you are looking to do. Superbfiring system was my original system and cost under $200 a few years back. Inexpensive and it did its job.
      Now, I own a Cobra firing system and LOVE it!
      It's all up to you on 1) what you want to do. 2) Budget. 3) location, 4) future system growth and what is compatible with your system.
      I have found that Cobra is easily borrowed from other users as it is widely used in club events. I've loaned my out to someone who =needed to borrow then.

      Comment


      • #4
        Cobra had a deal for a remote and one module for about $550 earlier this year, if you wait, they will likely repeat something like that one day. If you are willing to do a R18 (manual only remote) and a single 18 cue module to start, it is about $350 used to buy that. The best part is that they can be expanded almost infinitely for the small to medium shows without much cost per module/cue. I love them.

        The basic Dewey systems have 32 cues, I think, and are a great simple system that can be expanded somewhat also.

        if you are really on a budget, the simplest Chinese systems can be had for a little, but may break or not work at some point, and are rarely expandable much. I used them but gave up as they were not as good as the above systems.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Camby View Post
          Any suggestions for the best system for the price without needing anything fancy? I would probably only need to use it a couple of times per year and would only need at most 36 cues either with one or multiple modules. No plans for timing to music
          I got the MS32Q system from Dewey since my needs were much like yours. I love it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Cam by,
            like Bob said, Cobra will do an awesome super sale once or twice a year. Good time to think about jumping in! 😉😉

            Comment


            • #7
              There is a barely used Cobra for sale here for $550 right now.

              Comment


              • #8
                I use the S32I that Dewey sells on remotefiringsystems.com and its a great system. I'm not sure if he sells them anymore though because the last few times iv been to his website its always out of stock with a message something like existing S32 owners looking to expand their systems to contact him.
                Too bad if he doesn't make them anymore because they are great systems.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by themadness74 View Post
                  I use the S32I that Dewey sells on remotefiringsystems.com and its a great system. I'm not sure if he sells them anymore though because the last few times iv been to his website its always out of stock with a message something like existing S32 owners looking to expand their systems to contact him.
                  Too bad if he doesn't make them anymore because they are great systems.
                  This!

                  To the OP, it sounds like you shoot in similar ways that I do. I could not be happier with the S32I.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X