Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

** Guest user access has been limited, register or login for full access **
See more
See less

2020 COBRA-CON: rescheduled to July 19th - 22nd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 COBRA-CON: rescheduled to July 19th - 22nd.

Dear COBRA Customers,
    We are officially announcing the rescheduling of the COBRA-CON convention from April 25th - 29th to July 19th - 22nd.
    To make the switch seamless all tickets, sessions and hotel reservations (assuming they were made through COBRA) will transfer automatically. There is nothing for you to do other than attend the same location on different dates.

Saturday, July 18th - Optional PGI shooters school. Perfect for those moving to the pro world, obtain continued education or also to purchase pro-line products (retailer dependent).
    Sunday, July 19th - COBRA block party, food & entertainment networking event! Hang and have some drinks with hundreds of other COBRA users. Meet the COBRA crew and just have a great time.
    Monday, July 20th - Keynote speech, a full day of seminars, lunch and learn, evening firework retailer demonstrations, and a closing Passfire afterglow screening. Hot breakfast, snack break, and lunch are served.
    Tuesday, July 21st - Keynote speech, a full day of seminars, lunch and learn, evening private fireworks show / social networking event. Hot breakfast, snack break, and lunch are served.
    Wednesday, July 22nd - Keynote speech, a full day of seminars, lunch and learn, and a full evening of multiple large scale pyromusicals with both 1.4 and 1.3g product. Make sure you stay for this evening event as the shows will be BIGGER and BETTER than last year. Hot breakfast, snack break, and lunch are served.
    Please note that nightly activities may shift as we are still finalizing venues and actual firework events.

As you can imagine, a huge amount of effort and planning goes into the execution of these events. While this may come as no surprise and as an expected disappointment, we are seeing this as an opportunity to re-launch the event with the same planned execution and more! We have full commitment and enthusiasm from vendors, locations and all parties involved. We believe that the change in dates will add to the quality and breadth of the event. Stay tuned as we'll offer special announcements and additions over the highly anticipated event in the coming months!
    While we have made the change as seamless as possible, we know that with change comes questions. Please find a list of questions and answers below. Any other questions, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll make sure to assist.
    What do I need to do if I already have a ticket?
    We have done our best to move everything to make this as seamless as possible. All tickets and sessions will transfer automatically. All hotel reservations booked through COBRA have also moved automatically. If you booked a hotel outside of COBRA, please contact the hotel to move the reservations. Given the current situation, they should be accommodating with generally no cancellation fees.
    I have booked a plane ticket, what should I do?
    You may be surprised that airlines are being flexible with rescheduling and cancellations. Please contact them directly as you may be able to cancel, re-book and possibly save money. Every situation is different, but with some effort, the process should not cost you any further.
    I planned on taking advantage of the 15% off sale, can I still get this discount?
    Yes! If you have already pre-ordered, we'll plan to ship your order by April 15th. If you already have a ticket, please contact us to place your order and we'll ship this by April 15th.

I still want to attend the event, but I no longer need to attend the PGI DOC training.
    If you still plan to attend the event, but no longer need to attend the PGI Display Officer Certification training, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we can coordinate this with you.
    I have already purchased tickets, but I am not able to attend on these new dates, what can I do?
    Please email us at [email protected] and we will gladly be of assistance to you.
    Will moving the event dates have any impact on the event itself?
    There will be no negative impact to the event from moving it to July. If anything, we expect it's going to be bigger and better. Since December, the fireworks industry has been dealing with supply chain issues; from accidents in China causing mandatory shutdowns of all fireworks factories, to the production impact from the Coronavirus outbreak. By giving us some time, we hope that these issues will have sorted themselves out, and that vendors will have more to offer in the form of product breadth, services, demos, and more... we are going to make the most of this situation to provide the best experience for our attendees as valued COBRA customers.
    We want to thank all of our customers, employees and industry as a whole for banding together in this situation, good, bad, agree or disagree, we are in this together. Let's make the most of it and come out stronger as a whole. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected].
    Thanks! Scott Smith
    Starts
    07-19-2020
    Ends
    07-22-2020
    Southern Indiana, USA
    BATFE - Type 54
    Member BlueGrass Pyrotechnic Guild(BPG), NFA
    Registered Ohio Assistant
Working...
X