Gave up on Pyrofan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave up on Pyrofan

Well, I guess Pyrofan is finished. Made the move to here. Still recuperating from trip to MAFF. Hello everyone! Still don't know who all has migrated here. Anyway, some here may know me and others may not. For those that don't know me, I hope we get a chance to change that. Stay green.
    President- Bluegrass Pyrotechnic Guild
    Registered Ohio Assistant

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
    Well, I guess Pyrofan is finished. Made the move to here. Still recuperating from trip to MAFF. Hello everyone! Still don't know who all has migrated here. Anyway, some here may know me and others may not. For those that don't know me, I hope we get a chance to change that. Stay green.
    Hey man, first of, welcome aboard.
    I was an Admin at Pyrofan and have to admit that after the first 4 weeks of it being down, I had a feeling that it wasn't coming back. Another site with a ton of pics and videos lost!
    Here, Josh Scott and myself decided to pull the trigger on the new PyroUniverse site. We have taken steps to make sure that this site will NEVER go away, we have contingency plans in place!
    We have 4 Admins who have complete control of the day to day activities. So, our "New" site is by Pyros for Pyros.

As for MAFF, not sure how I missed meeting you, lol. I was wondering all over the field meeting everyone. Also, I was sitting just behind Joe Carp during the Maffle.
    Next time brother! Hope to meet soon.

Enjoy our site.

Comment

• Shooter
      Shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Ken,
      I met you at 2018 MAFF. As for this year, I saw you several times. Just was to busy setting up our display for the Backyard Battle to engage with a lot of folks. I was at MAFFLE. Struck out this year. I talked to Carp and Coach a little throughout the day. Anyway, enjoyed MAFF. Our group did the Sound of Silence by Disturbed. Finished in second place.

I think one of these forums if not both will get rolling eventually. I saw the Pyrofan thing coming back when people were having to email 20 times and make phone calls just to get freakin' REGISTERED. However, I wish you guys would have a pow wow and brighten the color scheme up a bit. It IS a fireworks forum after all. I used to think I liked the brown/black/gray but now it's kinda depressing...lol.

Comment

• Shooter
      Shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      Much easier on the eyes with the new default color scheme.

Honestly about 2 weeks in when pyrofan went down it was pretty clear that is would not be coming back online. Very sad!

I should have learned when the old pyro u forum went down to save or print off all of the useful info before it went away. Apperently i did not learn anything from that and made the same mistake with pyrofan. Ouch...
    We were always told pyrofan would not go away like the previous forum but shit happens I guess...

I wish pyrofan would come back (even for a day) so i could atleast access some of the topics that had a ton of useful info (the fireball thread, for example) to print off or save on my computer

Life goes on they say. I am grateful that the "new pyrouniverse" is here to take over. Some day in the near future this forum will be stuffed full of very useful info.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to put this forum together for us

Comment

• Shooter
      Shooter commented
      Editing a comment
      UP_PyroMan23,
      It is disheartening to loose all the stuff that was on Pyrofan. Tony, did a nice job with that site. I just wish that he could have come out and said that is over. I don't know if he had legal, or financial problems. All I know is he was waiting on his man in Miami to switch servers. He evidently, is still waiting two months later.

President- Bluegrass Pyrotechnic Guild
    Registered Ohio Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
      Shooter-
      yeah i agree on that, "the server repair man" must be extremely busy with other priorities

Comment

Glad you found this too. I usually go to MAFF - but didn't make it this year. Next year will def plan on being there.
        Member of Pa Pyro Artists, Cracker Jacks, WNYPA, NLPC, NFA
        PGI certified
        Owner of Kneppys Fireworks. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Comment

Working...
        X