Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

** Guest user access has been limited, register or login for full access **
See more
See less

Why does the website still seem so dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the website still seem so dead?

So I"m just curious, why do the forums seem to be so dead? I know things always die down after the 4th but does not everyone know about this new website yet? Or have most everyone given up and gone to the facebook pyro U page (Which is not that great in my opinion) or to the no talk website?
    It just seems like this new website is not taking off like I thought it would. Pyrofan seem to explode when the old Pyro U website went down. This one, not so much.

Originally posted by themadness74 View Post
    So I"m just curious, why do the forums seem to be so dead? I know things always die down after the 4th but does not everyone know about this new website yet? Or have most everyone given up and gone to the facebook pyro U page (Which is not that great in my opinion) or to the no talk website?
    It just seems like this new website is not taking off like I thought it would. Pyrofan seem to explode when the old Pyro U website went down. This one, not so much.
    I think you just need to give it more time and it'll pick up.

i didn't find out about this place till just before the 4th, and after i came on board, i saw a whole lot of intro's of others who found it after me. others will follow for sure, and people always want places to go to whenever something fireworks related happens (either holiday or news event). I don't know about the lifelog, uh, i mean facebook page because as you know i don't do the social media stuff... but i like this site... check it all the time.

conversations will happen, i think people are still just recovering from the 4th, some of us are still knee deep in fireworks season (i'm going to a customers show tomorrow lol)

just kick back and relax and remember this is all supposed to be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by themadness74 View Post
      We'll get there. Recently, I moved to Virginia from New Jersey and still unpacking and getting our new home set-up so, unfortunetly, I haven't been on as much as I wanted to be but this will change real soon.

Comment

Word of mouth is slow. Just recently found out about this place and joined.

Comment

seem slow everywhere

Comment

Well this place is still dead. Almost wonder why I keep coming back on here. I miss the days of bignono, joeratman, shrapnel, st1nedinohio and many more. We were on here every week and had a lot to discuss. The old u is what got me into pyrotechnics and I was mad when colin let it go. How the hell do we get the word out to the old guard so we can get this site back to what it was?

Comment

Many people have stuck with facebook or other forums. I find facebook a pain, but many like it. Hopefully we can grow this back to the glory of the original last two ones...

My new question is will the cancellation of many shows in the spring make up for the lack of fireworks coming in now? I have a whole list of possible shows coming up, and now suspect than most will be cancelled. So I am planning and such for something that likely won;t happen, how sad. But maybe we will get some of them off. At least people can be more than 6 feet away when they go off? Also, if we are being told to work from home, can I just shoot them fireworks off in my back yard?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpiderPyro View Post
                Well this place is still dead. Almost wonder why I keep coming back on here. I miss the days of bignono, joeratman, shrapnel, st1nedinohio and many more. We were on here every week and had a lot to discuss. The old u is what got me into pyrotechnics and I was mad when colin let it go. How the hell do we get the word out to the old guard so we can get this site back to what it was?
                Hey Brother,
                I've spoken with a bunch of pyros regarding this issue and had a few takeaways from those conversations.

1) Many people just do not trust forums anymore. With what happened with both PyroU and Pyrofan and ALL that lost great information, people just don't trust them anymore.
                2) Facebook is OK but too many times, FB will edit some content because it goes against their community standards.
                3) Most guys just call or email each other regarding group buys. shows, shoots, club meetings and events, etc.

It's sad but I think we're seeing a change in the way we communicate with each other.

You mentioned a few good guys there. NoNo was a great guy! Our joke was, with all the soup my wife made one year at MAFF, he got 1 of the 2 bay leaves in his mouth! lol
                So many names missing from here as they just don't do forums anymore.
                FashionHeadHunter, Catfish, HeavyD, Don F, TNTTimm, PyroExtreme, Metal Thrashing Mark, GoneShootin, Lil Nick, Smokin' Aces, Russel, etc......

Some I still talk to on the phone just to stay in touch. You're right though, the Old PyroU got me hooked on doing pyromusicals and learning 1.3 safely.

All I can say is just keep posting. I'm hoping the closer we get to July, the more a Google search will find us and the name will jump out.

Stay safe!
                ~Ken

Comment

So much info lost with PU and PyroFan. I don't know if it's a trust thing or if you don't have the user list from old PU and Pyrofan users. I certainly perfer the forum format. FB only is snippets and has no good way to store reference info or search or anything that a real forum has. That and I just don't like FB. It's mostly "... here watch me ..." stuff that is a waste of time. I wish I knew how to get all the old users onto your platform to have real discussions.

Comment

• Pyronut
                    Pyronut commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Facebook is like that PyroTalk site but with not as many "kewl" kids. lol
                    In speaking with 2 other very close friends who are top notch pyros, they believe that forums have/are going the way of the dinosaurs.
                    It is a trust thing, which I agree with, and watching both PyroU and Pyrofan go down I can understand others feelings......

There is also another forum. Having two forums hasn't made anything easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X